The shawl is started with a garter tab. The color work in the border is done using the slip-stitch mosaic technique, so you will be handling only one strand of yarn at all times. The border patterning is both charted and written out.
This triangle-shaped shawl is knit from the top down, starting with a garter tab cast-on. The edging uses the slip-stitch mosaic color work technique. Stitches used include knit, purl, right- and left-leaning increases, k2tog tbl, as well as slipping stitches. This pattern is therefor suitable for the intermediate to advanced knitter.
Sizes and finished measurements
Finished dimensions of the sample shawl: 165.5 cm (65 inches) along the upper edge and a depth of 73.5 cm (29 inches), measured after blocking.
Change the size of the Twilight Disco shawl by using heavier or lighter weight yarn and/or working less (or more) repeats of the various sections. This will, of course, change the amount of yarn needed.
- Gauge: Approx. 15 sts / 28 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over body pattern, measured after blocking. Gauge is not critical in this design, but should give you a fabric that you like with the yarn used.
- Pattern languages included: English.
- Digital PDF has 6 pages (letter size)
- Yarn: Jawoll Superwash by Lang Yarns (75% wool, 25% nylon; 210 m (230 yds) / 50 g) in the following colors. Substitute any plied fingering weight yarn in solid or tonal colors for a similar result.
- MC: 420 m (460 yds) / 100 g in 226 Pale Gray.
- CC: 210 m (230 yds) / 50 g in 385 Neon Pink.
- Size 3.5 mm (US 4) / 80 cm (32 inches) circular needles, choose needles appropriate for the yarn chosen.
- 4 stitch markers
- Yarn needle