This shawl is worked from the top-down in one piece. Both written and charted instructions for the patterned edging are included. The pattern is available in 3 sizes; the shawl pictured is in the smallest size.
The Kasjmier shawl starts with a garter stitch tab. The lace in the edging is worked on both RS and WS rows. Stitches used include knit, purl, yo, k2tog, skp, m1l and m1r increases as well as a centered double decrease.
This pattern is suitable for the intermediate knitter.
Sizes and finished measurements
Size S (M, L): Wingspan of 142 (160, 178) cm (56 (63, 70) inches) along the upper edge and a depth of 56 (65, 74) cm (22 ( 25 ½, 29 ¼) inches), measured after blocking.
Adjust the sizing further by working a different number of repeats of the body. This will, of course, change the amount of yarn needed.
- Gauge: approx. 12.5 sts / 18 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over stockinette, after blocking.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 4 pages for the English version and 5 pages for the Dutch version (letter size)
- Yarn: 340 (510, 680) m (372 (558, 744) yds) / 100 (150, 200) g Lang Yarns Cashmere Light (88% Cashmere goat, 12% Nylon; 85 m (93 yds) / 25 g) in 950.0015 Cognac. Substitute any soft worsted weight yarn with a halo for a similar result. For best results, choose a natural fiber that blocks well.
- Size 6 mm (US 10) / 80 cm (32 inches) circular needles were used for the sample shawl in size S.
- Yarn needle
- 2 stitch markers to indicate the center stitch
- Stitch markers to indicate repeats of the lace patterning (optional)