Bloemen in het Gras
The shawl is worked bottom-up, starting with the flower border. Although worked in two colors, only one single color is used per row. Easy short rows create the crescent shape.
This pattern features short rows and picking up and knitting stitches. Stitches used include knit, purl, skp, p2tog and yo as well as slipping stitches. This pattern is suitable for the intermediate knitter.
Size and finished measurements
Wingspan of 158 cm (62 inches) and a depth of 49 cm (19 1⁄4 inches).
- Written for a gauge of 18 sts / 27 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) measured over stockinette after blocking, gauge is however not critical in this design.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 3 pages (A4 size)
- Main color yarn: 550 m (601 yards) / 132 g of sport weight alpaca yarn in green.
- Contrast color yarn: 150 m (164 yards) / 36 g of sport weight alpaca yarn in blue.
- The sample shawl was knit in Ice Yarns Pure Alpaca [100% alpaca; 200 m (219 yards) per 50 g skein]. Substitute any fingering or sport weight yarn for a similar result.
- Circular needles in the following sizes (or to match gauge):
- Size 3.5 mm (US #4), 80 cm (32 inches) long
- Size 4 mm (US #6), 80 cm (32 inches) long
- Yarn needle
- 1 stitch marker