The pattern contains both fully written out as well as charted instructions for the lace.
Stitches used include knit, purl, skp, k2tog, a centered double decrease, yo, and kfb. This pattern is suitable for the intermediate knitter.
Sizes and measurements
Finished dimensions of the sample shawl: Span width of 201 cm (79 inches) along the upper edge and a depth of 88 cm (34 ½ inches), measured after blocking.
The size of the Octaaf shawl can be changed by using lighter or heavier yarn and/or working less (or more) repeats of the body patterning. This will, of course, change the amount of yarn needed.
- Worked flat and sideways.
- Written for a gauge of 12 sts / 20 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over body pattern measured after blocking. However, gauge is not critical in this design.
- Pattern language: English.
- Digital PDF has 4 pages (letter size)
Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend (70% Merino, 30% Silk; 137 m (150 yds) / 50 g) in the following colors and amounts:
- C1: 137 m (150 yds) / 50 g in “Mallard”
- C2: 137 m (150 yds) / 50 g in “Steel”
- C3: 274 m (300 yds) / 100 g in “Virgo”
- Size 4.5 mm (US 7) / 80 cm (32 inches) circular needles. Choose a needle size appropriate for the yarn selected.
- Yarn needle.
- Stitch markers to indicate repeats of the lace patterning (optional).