This video training helps caregivers and child welfare professionals answer the question, “How does the experience of adoption shape a person’s sense of identity? And how can we support them in that process?” [NOTE: the sample video contains the training introduction, along with two short clips, from part one and part two]
From the perspective of a mental health professional and as an adult trans-racial adoptee, Cam shares candidly about his own adoption journey and provides tools for families and clinicians to put into practice immediately and ongoing.
The format of this Premium Training Series is a combination of story-telling and education. Participants will walk with Cam through a deck of educational slides to support the following objectives:
1) Discuss themes related to adoption and identity development.
2) Learn and review language related to loss, relinquishment, separation and adoption.
3) Review concepts to support the assessment and support of adoptees wherever they are in their journey.
4) Discuss interventions and skills that support parents' attuned response to an adoptee's needs, in the domain of identity exploration and development.
5) Explore ways to support racial and ethnic identity.
6) Initiate further dialogue on adoptee-centered narratives.
The cost for this training is $1500. To order this training for your organization or group, simply download the content license form (PDF file). On the form you'll select your payment option and register. You'll then receive a link to download your discussion guide and the 75-minute movie file (6GB), which will include a unique watermark for your specific organization. ORDERS BEGIN PROCESSING AFTER PAYMENT IS RECEIVED.
This purchase is for one organizational license, for lifetime use, up to a total of 250 viewers. Not for resale. For showings beyond 250 viewers, contact our training team at email@example.com for additional licensing rates. Unauthorized use beyond these licensing terms is copyright infringement and an exploitation of the physical, cognitive and emotional labor of people of color.
Thank you so much for trusting Therapy Redeemed to be a voice and light in your adoption journey!!