MC 15 St. Joseph's Catholic Cemetery
"The German Catholics of Bloomington held their first meeting
to form a church in 1852 and soon afterward Father Reeves of
Wapella was assigned to hold services here. A small church was
built on West Taylor street in 1869. ... St. Joseph's Cemetery
was acquired, and ln 1881 the congregation was taken over by the
Franciscan Fathers of Clncennati"
The gate at the Original Cemetery had this inscription: 1880 "St. Joseph's Cettes Acker" 1880
which means St. Joseph's God's Acre.
This 103 page document was published and copyrighted in 1987 by The McLean County Genealogical Society.