Hill Country Cowl
• 220 yds/200 m for each color.
• DK weight
• Bouncy and soft, with good stitch
• ND DK (100% Superwash Merino,
231 yds/253 m/100g). 1 skein in Pebble (MC), 1 skein in Nightshade (CC).
• US7(4.5mm), 9(5.5mm), 10(6 mm) sizes or size needed to obtain gauge, (note: I am a tight knitter so chances are you will need to go down a needle size or two to match my gauge), 24 in./60 cm circular needle and after blocking.
• Stitch markers
• Darning/tapestry needle
• Circumference: 24 in./61 cm; Front Length: 21 in./53.5 cm; Back Length: 6 in./15
• 19 sts and 24 rows over 4 in./10 cm in St. st with US 9 (5.5 mm) and after blocking.
• 19 sts and 24 rows over 4 in./10 cm in Colorwork with US 10 (6 mm) and
The construction of this cowl consists of two main sections. The first section is a top-down triangular shawl featuring lateral braid stripes, worked until the right number of stitches is reached, then joined in the round for the second section where the colorwork motif is knit. The cowl will still be increasing in stitch count for this second section but only at the triangular tip at the front.