This is a collection of MP3 bluegrass jam/practice tracks. This download includes ten songs/tunes
with each at multiple tempos
. Start slow when you are learning and jam out with the quicker tracks! When you can't jam with your friends, or you are trying to build up your chops, these tracks really help.
Here are the tracks you'll get with this download:
- Dark Hollow in G at 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120 & 130 BPM
- Devil's Dream in A at 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120 & 130 BPM
- Dooley in A at 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120 & 130 BPM
- Dusty Miller in A at 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120 & 130 BPM
- I Am A Pilgrim in G at 70, 80, 90, 100 & 110 BPM
- Kentucky Waltz in C at 150, 160, 170 & 180 BPM
- Kentucky Waltz in D at 150, 160, 170 & 180 BPM
- Salt Creek in A at 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120 & 130 BPM
- Saint Anne's Reel in A at 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120 & 130 BPM
- Sweet Georgia Brown in F at 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120 & 130 BPM
- Turkey In The Straw in G at 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120 & 130 BPM
Every bluegrass picker "worth his salt" should be able to play these tunes. If you know them already, or are learning these jam session standards, you will have a good time jamming and improving your breaks.
If you don't know them, this is the perfect opportunity to "get with it" and learn them.All of the tracks are recorded in the most commonly encountered key
. Each track consists of bass, rhythm guitar and mandolin. You can practice your basic chords and backup or take long extended jams while practicing your solos on banjo, mandolin, guitar, fiddle, dobro or any other instrument.This collection includes a PDF booklet
with the chord progressions for each tune. The tracks are all contained in a zip file. Once you download and unzip the file, you will have a folder with 68 MP3 high quality stereo tracks in it which you can transfer to any device you choose for play back.
I created these tracks using computer editing for rock-solid timing
and using real instrument samples
, including my personal '85 Flatiron for the mandolin chops. I recorded using an AKG C1000S into a digital recorder and mixed all the tracks using FL Studio and a variety of plug-ins and add-ons.
Note: Not finding your favorite tune? This is the third volume of bluegrass jam tracks which I offer. If you'd like to check out other jam track collections.
Have fun and happy picking!