Pay what you want: (minimum €7.90)
DESCRIPTIONGrand Fir is a triangle-shaped shawl made with mindless garter stitch, accented with narrow stripes, and finished with a contrasting lace border and a decorative bobble bind-off. The shallow triangle shape creates a shawl that is wide rather than deep, making Grand Fir a wonderfully warm winter companion to wrap yourself in — once, twice, thrice!
The calming rhythm of garter stitch and stripes will make knitting this shawl go by in a breeze. Choose from the two sizes to knit a beautiful accessory or a voluminous statement piece.
Soft and subtle? Or bold and blazing? It’s your choice: Grand Fir is worked in two colors of light fingering weight yarn.
This pattern is written with both metric and US terminology. Both written and charted instructions are given for the lace pattern.
Share your project on Instagram with the hashtags #grandfirshawl and #talviknits.
- Medium [Large]
- Wingspan: approx. 180  cm / 5’11” [7’10”]
- Depth: approx. 50  cm / 19¾ [25½]”
YarnBC Garn Bio Shetland (100% organic wool, 280 m/50 g, 306 yd/1.76 oz)
- Main color (MC): 2  skeins in the colorway SH41 Silver Gray
- Contrasting color (CC): 2  skeins in the colorway SH09 Dark Apple
Or light fingering weight yarn
- MC: approx. 370  m / 410  yd
- CC: approx 310  m / 335  yd
Needles3.5 mm / US #4 long (80–100 cm / 32–40”) circular needle (or size needed to obtain gauge)
- 3.5 mm / US E/4 crochet hook and spare yarn for provisional cast-on (optional)
- Darning needle
- Spare needle for provisional cast-on (optional)
- 1 stitch marker