Pay what you want: (minimum €6.90)
DESCRIPTIONJazz up a pair of basic ribbed socks with a cute lace panel.
Wolfberry are made of easy ribbing and a simple lace panel going up the outside of the foot and leg. The eight-round lace pattern is very easy to memorize — this is a great pair for a first lace socks project.
The pattern comes in two sizes: 64 and 72 stitches. The foot-hugging rib pattern gives a comfortable fit on a wide range of foot sizes. In addition, foot length is fully adjustable so you can make a pair socks that perfectly fit your measurements. Right and left socks are mirror images of each other and can be worked two at a time.
The pattern is written with both metric and US terminology. Both written and charted instructions are given for the stitch patterns.
Share your project with the hashtags #wolfberrysocks and #talviknits.
- Small [Large]
- 64  sts
- To fit shoe size EU 37–38 [42–43] / US 7 
- Foot and ankle circumference: 20 [22.5] cm / 7¾ [8¾]”
- Foot length: 23 [26.5] cm / 9 [10½]” or fully adjustable
- Leg length from cuff to top of heel flap: 15 [17.5] cm / 6 ” or adjustable within pattern
- Schibot Garne Soft Socks (80% merino, 20% nylon, 400 m/100 g), 1 skein
- or approx. 320  m / 350  yd of fingering-weight sock yarn
- 2.5 mm / US #1½ DPNs or circular needle(s) for working small circumferences in the round (or size needed to obtain gauge)
- Darning needle
GAUGE32 sts × 44 rnds = 10 cm / 4” in stockinette, blocked
TECHNIQUES USEDThe pattern uses the following techniques: working small circumferences in the round, ribbing, and lace. Ability to follow charts is recommended but written instructions are also provided for the stitch patterns.
The pattern assumes knowledge of a cast-on and bind-off method for toe-up socks; references are given for a couple of alternatives. The pattern also assumes knowledge of working short rows using the wrap-and-turn method.