Pay what you want: (minimum €5.50)
DESCRIPTIONCozy up by the fireplace in a pair of comfy slippers on the longest night of the year.
Longest Night are a pair of sport-weight toe-up colorwork slippers inspired by the winter solstice. A large snowflake on the toe and a repeating pattern of smaller snowflakes cover the foot. Gusset increases are incorporated into the colorwork pattern. The reinforced heel is worked in one color only. The slippers are finished with a fold-over picot edging.
The slippers are available in two sizes to fit women’s foot sizes EU 38–40 (41–43) / US 7–9 (10–12). The pattern is written with both metric and US terminology. The stranded colorwork pattern is charted only.
Share your project on Instagram with the hashtags #longestnightslippers and #talviknits.
Add both Longest Night and Shortest Day in your cart and save 15% off your entire order!
- Foot circumference: approx. 23  cm / 9 "
- Foot length: approx. 23  cm / 9 " or adjustable to fit within pattern
- Leg circumference: approx. 19  cm / 7½ [8½]"
- Cuff length: approx. 2.5 cm / 1"
YarnTukuwool Sock (80% wool, 20% nylon, 160 m/50 g, 175 yd/1.76 oz)
- MC: H30 Haave, 1  skeins
- CC: 03 Auri, 1 skein
- MC: #5575 Marine, 1  skeins
- CC: #4342 Heather, 1 skein
- MC: approx. 160  m / 175  yd
- CC: approx. 75  m / 85  yd
- 3.0 mm / US 2½ DPNs or circular needle(s) for working small circumferences in the round (or size needed to obtain gauge)
- Darning needle
- Small [Large]
- To fit shoe size EU 38–40 [41–43] / US 7–9 [10–12]
GAUGE28 sts × 30 rnds = 10 cm / 4“ in stranded stockinette, blocked
TECHNIQUES USEDThe pattern uses the following techniques: working small circumferences in the round, ability to work stranded colorwork from chart, and increasing within colorwork.
The pattern assumes knowledge of working short rows using the wrap-and-turn method and hand sewing using whip stitch. The pattern also assumes knowledge of some cast-on and bind-off method for toe-up socks; references are given for a few alternatives.