DESCRIPTIONEvergrey Socks were designed to match #evergreysocks and #talviknits.
Add both Evergrey Socks and Evergrey Mitts in your cart and get 15% off your entire order!
- Small (Large)
- 56 (70) sts
- Foot and ankle circumference: approx. 20.5 (25.5) cm / 8 (10)"
- Foot length: approx. 23 (26) cm / 9 (10¼)" or adjustable to fit
- Leg length from cuff to top of heel flap: approx. 15 (17.5) cm / 6 (7)" or adjustable to fit
Choose a size with approx. 10% (2.5 cm / 1") of negative ease.
- Kässäkerho Pom Pom Donegal Tweed (85% merino, 15% dye-resistant nylon, 400 m/100 g), 1 skein in silver gray
- or approx. 320 (400) m / 350 (440) yd of fingering-weight sock yarn
- 2.5 mm / US 1½ DPNs or circular needle(s) for working small circumferences in the round (or size needed to obtain gauge)
- Stitch markers: 1 locking, 2 closed (4 if working two-at-a-time)
- Darning needle
- 29 sts × 46 rnds = 10 cm / 4“ in stockinette
- 26 sts × 46 rnds = 10 cm / 4“ in Fallen Needles Rib, slightly stretched
TECHNIQUES USEDThe pattern uses the following techniques: working small circumferences in the round using either DPNs or magic loop, twisted stitches and lace, short rows. Ability to work lace from chart is recommended but written instructions are also provided for the stitch pattern and patterned instep.
The pattern assumes knowledge of some cast-on and bind-off method for toe-up socks; references are given for a couple of alternatives. The pattern also assumes knowledge of working short rows using the wrap-and-turn method.