DESCRIPTIONFeather Fall is a triangle shawl with a difference. This arrow-shaped shawl is worked from tip to wide end in two colors of fingering-weight yarn.
An easy-to-memorize lace pattern in one color and intarsia stripes in two colors play off of each other on two sides of the central spine. The arrow shape is completed with a garter-stitch triangle made in the accent color. A tassel is added to each corner of the shawl.
Both written and charted instructions are provided for the lace pattern. The pattern is written with both metric and US terminology.
Feather Fall was originally pubished in TAITO Joulun neulelehti 3 as Höyhensaari.
Share your project on Instagram with the hashtags #featherfallshawl and #talviknits.
- Width: approx. 130 cm / 52"
- Depth: approx. 110 cm / 44"
YarnTukuwool Fingering (100% wool, 195 m/50 g, 213 yd/1.76 oz), 2 colors
- Main color (MC): 01 Sake, 3 skeins
- Contrasting color (CC): H36 Rohto, 2 skeins
Or fingering-weight yarn, 2 colors
- MC: approx. 460 m / 505 yd (without tassels) to approx. 500 m / 550 yd (including tassels)
- CC: approx. 300 m / 330 yd (without tassels) to approx. 320 m / 350 yd (including tassels)
- 3.5 mm / US #4 long (80–100 cm / 32–40") circular needle (or size needed to obtain gauge)
- Removable stitch marker (optional)
- Darning needle
- 21 sts × 32 rows = 10 cm / 4" in stockinette stitch, blocked
TECHNIQUES USEDThe pattern uses the following techniques: lace, intarsia, and German short rows. Ability to work lace from a chart is recommended but written instructions are also provided for the lace pattern.
Yarn for this pattern was generously provided by Tukuwool and TitiTyy.