Pay what you want: (minimum €5.50)
DESCRIPTIONLavender Lullaby is a delectable little cowl with a simple but effective stitch pattern that looks equally good in variegated as well as solid yarns. This one-skein wonder is perfect for showcasing that special hand-dyed skein of sport weight in your stash. Cleverly placed decreases and increases mimic the look of cables — without the need to do actual cabling.
Lavender Lullaby is knit in the round using a short circular needle or in magic loop with long circular needles. The length of the cowl can be easily adjusted to your liking… or to use up all of that precious one-off skein! Instructions for adjusting the length are provided.
This pattern is written with both metric and US terminology. Both written and charted instructions are given for all stitch patterns.
Share your project with the hashtags #lavenderlullabycowl and #talviknits.
- Circumference: approx. 52 cm / 20½”
- Height: approx. 42 cm / 16½” or adjustable within pattern
- Eijan Kudontaputiikki Kudon Bambu-merino (50% bamboo, 50% merino, 300 m/100 g, 328 yd/3.52 oz), 1 skein. The sample cowl is knit in the colorway Laventeli.
- Or approx. 300 m / 330 yd of sport-weight yarn
- 4.0 mm / US #6 short (40 cm / 16”) circular needle for Hourglass Ribbing (or size needed to obtain gauge)
- 3.5 mm / US #4 short circular needle for Twisted Rib
- Or long (80–100 cm / 32–40”) circular needles in the same sizes for working in magic loop
- Darning needle
- 1 stitch marker
GAUGE21 sts × 36 rows = 10 cm / 4” in Hourglass Ribbing, blocked vigorously
TECHNIQUES USEDThe pattern uses the following techniques: alternating long-tail cast-on, working in the round, twisted stitches, centered quadruple decreases, and yarnovers. Ability to work lace from a chart is recommended but written instructions are also provided for all stitch patterns.
Yarn for this pattern was generously provided by Eijan Kudontaputiikki.