Pay what you want: (minimum €6.90)
DESCRIPTIONEmerald Twist combines cables with easy colorwork to create a cute headband... with a twist! Using small amounts of fingering-weight yarn in two contrasting colors, this pattern is great for stashbusting: the headband knits up quickly and makes for a great gift.
Emerald Twist is worked in the round from end to end, creating a double thickness of fabric that will keep your ears warm. Provisional cast-on and grafting skills are required. The pattern comes in two variations: with single or double cable twists on the center front. The size of the headband is fully customizable.
The pattern is written with both metric and US terminology. Instructions for the colorwork and cable patterns are given as both charts and row-by-row written instructions.
Share your project on Instagram with the hashtags #emeraldtwistheadband and #talviknits.
Get Emerald Twist FREE when purchasing Emerald Chain. No coupon code needed — just add both patterns to cart and check out.
- One size + adjustable
- To fit a head circumference of approx. 53–58 cm / 21–23" with 10% of negative ease
- Circumference: approx. 48–52 cm / 19–20½" or adjustable within pattern
- Width: approx. 8 cm / 3"
YarnSingle Twist variation (purple & pink sample)
Retrosaria Mondim (100% non-superwash wool, 385 m/100 g, 421 yd/3.53 oz), 2 colors
- Main color (MC): 1 skein in the colorway #118
- Contrasting color (CC): 1 skein in the colorway #110
Kaarama Rauni Single (100% non-superwash wool, 210 m/50 g, 230 yd/1.76 oz), 2 colors
- Main color (MC): 1 skein in the colorway Niitty
- Contrasting color (CC): 1 skein in the colorway Kuura
- Main color (MC): approx. 150 m / 160 yd
- Contrasting color (CC): approx. 30 m / 35 yd
- 2.5 mm / US #1½ double-pointed or circular needle(s) (or size to obtain gauge)
- Waste yarn, extra circular needle, or cable for provisional cast-on
- Colorwork yarn guide (optional)
- Cable needle
- Extra double-pointed or circular needle(s) for arranging stitches for grafting
- Locking stitch marker
- Darning needle
- 30 sts × 40 rnds = 10 cm / 4" in stranded stockinette, blocked