Wild Sage Socks
DESCRIPTIONWild Sage Socks were designed to match #wildsagesocks and #talviknits.
Add Wild Sage Socks, Wild Sage Mitts, and Wild Sage Hat in your cart and get 15% off your entire order!
- Small (Large)
50 (60) sts
- Foot and ankle circumference: approx. 21 (25) cm / 8¼ (10)“
- Foot length: approx. 23 (26) cm / 9 (10¼)“ or adjustable to fit
- Leg length from cuff to top of heel flap: approx. 15 (17.5) cm / 6 (7)“ or adjustable to fit
- Tukuwool Sock (80% wool, 20% nylon, 160 m/50 g), 2 skeins in colorway H29 Syli
- or approx. 300 (320) m / (328) 350 yd of sport- or DK-weight sock yarn
- 3.0 mm / US 2½ DPNs or circular needle(s) for working small circumferences in the round (or size needed to obtain gauge)
- Stitch markers: 1 locking, 2 closed (4 if working two-at-a-time)
- Darning needle
- 24 sts × 36 rnds = 10 cm / 4“ in stockinette
- 21 sts × 36 rnds = 10 cm / 4“ in Wild Sage Lace, slightly stretched
- 2.5 mm / US 1½ needles
- Fingering-weight sock yarn, approx. 320 m / 350 yd
TECHNIQUES USEDThe pattern uses the following techniques: working small circumferences in the round using either DPNs or magic loop, lace, and short rows. Ability to work lace from chart is recommended but written instructions are also provided for the stitch pattern.
The pattern assumes knowledge of some cast-on and bind-off method for toe-up socks; references are given for a couple of alternatives. The pattern also assumes knowledge of working short rows using the wrap-and-turn method.