Pay what you want: (minimum €5.50)
DESCRIPTIONEnsign Sylvia Tilly with her bubbly personality and frizzy red curls is fan-favorite of the USS Discovery crew. With a brilliant engineering mind, sharp wit, and a propensity to chatter when she gets nervous, Tilly is much more capable than she gives herself credit for. These socks were designed in her honor.
Tilly’s Socks are knit from the toe up in two lace patterns that gradually transform into one another. The heel flap is worked in lace as well, with the pattern flowing seamlessly up the leg. The cuffs are finished with twisted ribbing, ensuring the socks stay on snugly.
The lace patterns are based on rib stitch, which makes for foot-hugging socks with a comfortable fit on a wide range of foot sizes. Although the socks come in one size only (64 stitches), both foot and leg length can be adjusted to your measurements and preferences. Right and left socks are identical and can be worked two at a time.
The pattern is written with both metric and US terminology. Both written and charted instructions are given for the stitch patterns.
Share your project with the hashtags #tillyssocks, #socktrekdiscovery, and #talviknits.
- 64 sts
- To fit shoe size EU 38–40 / US 6½–8
- Foot and ankle circumference: approx. 21.5 cm / 8½”
- Foot length: approx. 23 cm / 9” or adjustable within pattern
- Leg length from cuff to top of heel flap: approx. 18.5 cm / 7¼” or adjustable within pattern
- Puffala Sukka Puffa (75% wool, 25% nylon, 400 m/100 g, 437 yd/3.53 oz). The sample pair is knit in the colorway Satsuma
- Or approx. 380 m / 415 yd of fingering-weight sock yarn
- 2.5 mm / US #1½ DPNs or circular needle(s) for working small circumferences in the round (or size needed to obtain gauge)
- Darning needle