Assumptions - Video Shorts
Two of the biggest barriers to good communication are the assumptions we make about people and they make about us and the level of trust we share with them. Helping students to understand how to build trust can help them to overcome some of the assumptions others may have about them and to build better relationships with the people they meet. Challenging their assumptions can also help them better understand the roots of prejudice.
- To enable students to understand the influence of assumptions and how to build trust when meeting new people.
- A2 - C2 - Low intermediate to Advanced
- Teachers' Guide: (PDF)
- Digital presentation: Demonstration copy
- Video: https://youtu.be/38y_1EWIE9I
- Situations activity: http://bit.ly/3emUMMz
- Reading text: http://bit.ly/3qs3RWG
- Reflection task: http://bit.ly/3qrXPph