DESCRIPTIONFrysa is a set of two wintry colorwork accessories inspired by cold Northern winters, dark nights, and the ethereal glow of the Northern lights. Frysa is Swedish for ’to freeze’… but I hope you won’t freeze in these warm accessories!
Frysa Beanie is a stranded colorwork hat worked in three colors of DK-weight yarn. The hat is knitted from the brim up in the round on a short circular needle.
Worked in rustic DK-weight yarn, these winter accessories are quick to knit and marvelously warm. The colorwork pattern is not challenging since at most two colors are used per row. However, the colorwork does contain some long floats that need to be caught.
The pattern is written with both metric and US terminology. The stranded colorwork pattern is charted only.
Share your project on Instagram with the hashtags #frysabeanie and #talviknits.
Add both Frysa Beanie and Frysa Mitts in your cart add get 15% off your entire order!
- Small [Large]
- Finished circumference: approx. 50  cm / 19¾ [23½]“
- Length from brim to crown: approx. 23  cm / 9 [9¾]“
YarnKässäkerho Pom Pom Suoma DK (100% Finnsheep wool, 240 m/100 g, 262 yd/3.53 oz), 3 colors
- Main color (MC): approx. 75  m / 85  yd in the colorway Harma
- Contrasting color 1 (CC1): approx. 50  m / 55  yd in the colorway Meri
- Contrasting color 2 (CC2): approx. 25  m / 30  yd in the colorway Luumu
- Additional 50–70 m / 55–75 yd of CC2 for the pom pom
- 3.5 mm / US #4 short circular needle (40 cm / 16”) for ribbing
- 4.0 mm / US #6 short circular needle for stranded knitting (or size needed to obtain gauge)
- Darning needle
- Pom pom maker (optional)
- 1 stitch marker
GAUGE20 sts × 24 rnds = 10 cm / 4” in stranded stockinette on larger needles, blocked
Yarn for this pattern was generously provided by Kässäkerho Pom Pom.