If you’re an educator, parent of a child with a disability or simply an individual who has ever wondered:
- How can I help establish awareness of students with disabilities on campus?
- How can I help this elementary school become more inclusive?
- How can I help integrate and help establish friendships amongst students with and without disabilities?
- How can I help support the school’s effort to address and eliminate bullying?
- How can I help improve the school’s environment in making it a safer and more welcoming learning environment for ALL students?
Then this ebook is for you! As an educator of 18 years I’ve asked those questions many times over. Until one day, ten years ago, I decided to do something about it. Throughout the years, I've had the opportunity to collaborate with school psychologists, counselors, social workers and colleagues in both general and non-profit organizations specialized in forming inclusion groups with hopes of finding ways to not only establish awareness of students with disabilities on campus but also find ways to make active participants in our school community.
In this ebook I will share with you the approach that has worked for me; from startup to management and everything in between.