I’ve always loved all the traditional styles and techniques of knitwear from the British Isles, and have for a long time been planning to design a traditional Fair Isle jumper. You could say I’m starting small!
These fingerless mitts are a great way to use small amounts of coloured yarn, but equally could be made with a single contrast colour for a striking design.Gauge
32 sts and 40 rounds = 4" (10cm) in colourwork in the roundYarn Requirements
Jamieson & Smith 2 ply jumper weight, or any equivalent yarn
- MC: - Shade #2, beige - 36g, 180yds/164m
- CC1: - Shade #4, dark brown - 5g, 25yds/23m
- CC2: - Shade #12FC, dark green - 4g, 20yds/18m
- CC3: - Shade #11FC, light green - 4g, 20yds/18m
- CC4: - Shade 1A, cream - 2g, 10yds/9m
All instructions are written, with the colourwork pattern charted.