Printable 2D SHAPES Flashcards Pack
square, circle, triangle, star, diamond, heart, oval, rectangle, pentagon, hexagon, heptagon, octagon, nonagon, decagon, parallelogram, trapezoid, semicircle, crescent, arch, drop, kite, arrow, cross and spiral.
With a fuzzy felt effect and smiley faces, these are the cutest shapes flashcards around! However, if your kids are a bit older (or you're not into the cuteness), we've also included a version of the shapes without faces - just plain shapes.
- 2 SETS OF PICTURE-WORD CARDS: one set with smiley shapes, one set with plain shapes
- 2 SETS OF PICTURE-ONLY CARDS: one set with smiley shapes, one set with plain shapes
- 2 SETS OF WORD-ONLY CARDS: one set with frames, one set without frames
Our flashcards are designed with young kids in mind:
- high quality graphics that are appealing to little ones
- a simple, classic font
- rounded corners
We've also designed them with educators in mind:
You can choose to print the flashcards at multiple sizes to suit your needs:
- 1 per sheet (XL) - ideal for use with large classes or as wall decorations.
- 2 per sheet (L) - great for home or classroom use, flashcard games or wall displays.
- 4 per sheet (S) - handy and portable, ideal for your literacy centers, playing games, or to use with small groups.
- 8 per sheet (XS) - mini flashcards that are great if you don't have much table space, or even if you're out and about with your little one!
The pack includes different kinds of cards that you can use in lots of ways:
- Picture-word cards - show both pictures and words. Perfect for teaching vocabulary and helping with reading skills.
- Picture cards - show only pictures without captions. Great for revising vocabulary and playing guessing or matching games.
- Word cards - show only the words, without pictures. The framed word cards are designed for you to use in games such as pairs, to practice reading and matching skills. The frameless word cards are recommended for making double-sided flashcards.
These flashcards are editable PDFs, so you can change the captions if you prefer an alternative word (for example, "rhombus" instead of "diamond"). You can also change the captions to a different language!
The font used is called Poppins, and it supports Baltic, Basic Latin, Catalan, Central European, Euro, Romanian, Turkish and Western European languages. However, please note that it does not support Arabic, Cyrillic, or Chinese, Japanese, and Korean (CJK) characters.
For a full list of the languages this font supports, see here.
Be aware that if the words you enter are very long, the text size will be reduced. This may be problematic for languages such as German, Finnish or Turkish, which tend to have a lot of long words.
Songs, videos, crafts & other free resources on our website!
Original illustrations by Tea Time Monkeys! © 2021 Biggabug