Stranded colourwork in a striking geometric pattern with a (Moebius) twist: Sound Check is given a half-turn before joining for a deep cowl with gentle folds that sits nicely against the neck. The pattern includes instructions for a wide single loop and a narrower double loop, as well as an illustrated tutorial for the crocheted provisional cast on used in the sample. To make Sound Check, you will need to know how to do stranded colourwork in the round using charts. Designed in collaboration with Camp Color.
Single Loop (Double Loop)
Width: 9.5 (7.75) in / 24 (19.5) cm
Length: 33 (66.25) in / 84 (168) cm
Camp Color Superwash Sock (100% Superwash Merino Wool, 190 yds/174 m per 1.76 oz/50 g)
- MC (Nightcap): 3 (5) skeins
- CC1 (Cask Strength): 2 (3) skeins
- CC2 (Whiskey, Neat): 2 (3) skeins
- US 3/3.25 mm 16 in/40 cm circular needle, or size needed for correct gauge
- Spare circular needle for 3-needle bind off: US3/3.25 mm or smaller, 16 in/40 cm or longer
- Second spare needle for 3-needle bind off: US3/3.25 mm or size needed for correct gauge. This can be a straight, double-pointed, or circular needle of any length.
33.5 sts & 34 rows = 4 in/10 cm in stranded colourwork in the round
Recommended gauge for this yarn: 30 sts = 4 in/10 cm in stockinette stitch on US 2/2.75 mm
Exact gauge is not essential, but differences in gauge will affect size and yarn requirements.
- 2 different stitch markers (one for end of round and one for middle of round)
- 1 removable marker
- scrap yarn
- yarn needle