Fun English for Kids uk
Why teach English to young children?
• The children find it easy to accept a new linguistic code because they are still learning their own.
• They find it easy to pronounce the new sounds for the same reason.
• They don’t feel self-conscious about sounding different.
• If they have a good experience of learning a language at this age, they will remember it with fondness, so will find it easier to learn languages later in life.
Long-term educational aims of teaching languages to young children:
• To encourage open-mindedness by preparing the child for the understanding and tolerance of different ways of thinking and learning
• To help to improve cognitive development, by offering a further instrument for organising knowledge
• To encourage greater creativity as a consequence of a constant comparison between two different linguistic codes
• To lay the foundations for continuous linguistic education, allowing the formation of a type of education that is not exclusively centred on one’s own mother tongue and that leads to an easier study of foreign languages at higher school levels.
Introduction Pg. 3
Why teach English to young children Pg. 4
Advice for teaching English to young children Pg. 5
Curriculum Development Pg. 7
Classroom Management Pg. 11
Curriculum for 5-year-olds Pg. 12
My Body Pg. 13
Animals Pg. 14
School Pg. 15
The Weather Pg. 16
Transport Pg. 17
The House Pg. 18
The Family Pg. 19
Food Pg. 20
Clothes Pg. 21
Example lesson plans Pg. 22
Games: 28 Songs Pg. 30
The First Lesson Pg. 36