Incontri in Sicilia (A2) - Short Story in Simple Italian for Beginners and Intermediate Learners [ 🎧 SLOW AUDIO included]
Why Learn with Easy-Readers?
- Our brains are not designed to memorize words in isolation. We need to associate new input, such as a word, grammar pattern, or sentence, with an image.
- Stories provide visuals that help us associate new words and sentences. This makes it easier to recall the new information when we try to use it later.
- Reading stories helps us absorb the basic principles of Italian sentence construction.
- My stories include a free downloadable audio, narrated by a native speaker in slow Italian.
Fiona is the first in her Italian-American family to learn her ancestors' language. At university in the US, she earned a scholarship and moved to Rome for a semester to improve her Italian. But there's more to the story. To complete an Italian citizenship application, she must obtain a copy of her great-grandfather's birth certificate. This brings her to Sicily. In Sicily, she has several encounters that will forever change the course of her life.
The setting in the largest of the Italian islands, Sicily.
This eBook includes:
- 17 bite-sized chapters with slow audio narrated by a native speaker (access is free online)
- A set of online flashcards for each chapter
- A bilingual word list at the end of each chapter
- Insights into relevant vocabulary, grammar, and common mistakes made by English speakers when learning and speaking Italian
- Interesting facts about Sicily
- Dialogues and experiences you'll commonly encounter when in Italy
- Review questions for measuring comprehension
Incontri in Sicilia is a short story book designed for advanced beginners and lower intermediate learners (A2-B1 CEFR) and optimized for English speakers and for enhancing a fun (non-overwhelming!) learning experience.