DESCRIPTIONSpice Road is a three-color shawl in soothing garter stitch and an engaging textured slip-stitch pattern — and not a single purl stitch! This shawl was designed for a three-color fade going from light to dark or from subtle to saturated.
Sections of one-color garter stitch and two-color slip stitches alternate in this top-down shawl worked in light fingering or fingering-weight yarn. The shawl ends in a sawtooth bind-off shaped with short rows. Built-in i-cord edgings surround the shawl in all three edges.
Spice Road is worked on the bias to make an asymmetrical triangle. The pattern comes in two sizes: Shawl and Shawlette. Pick a trio of colors and start your adventure!
This pattern is written with both metric and US terminology. This pattern is also ambidextrous: it uses neutral handedness expressions. Only written instructions are provided for the slip-stitch pattern — charts are not needed.
Share your project with the hashtags #spiceroadshawl and #talviknits.
- Shawlette [Shawl]
- Wingspan: approx. 145  cm / 57 [78¾]"
- Depth: approx. 35  cm / 13½ [19¾]"
YarnHolst Garn Supersoft (100% wool, 287 m/50 g, 314 yd/1.76 oz), 3 colors
- Color A: 1 skein in colorway #21 Goldcrest
- Color B: 1  skeins in colorway #22 Ember
- Color C: 1  skeins in colorway #23 Bokhara
- Color A: approx. 160  m / 175  yd
- Color B: approx. 165  m / 180  yd
- Color C: approx. 225  m / 230  yd
- 3.5 mm / US #4 long (80–100 cm / 32–40”) circular needle (or size needed to obtain gauge)
- 1 locking stitch marker (optional)
- 15  stitch markers
- Darning needle