SUMMARY.The Power of Now A Guide To Spiritual Enlightenment By Eckhart Tolle
· What’s in it for me?
· By focusing only on the present – and ignoring the past or future – you can greatly improve your life.
· A part of you needs pain to survive, and it creates most of the pain you experience.
· The “ego” is a part of your mind that stops you from being happy.
· If you want a richer and almost painless life, separate yourself from your mind and focus on your body.
· Observing the mind without judgment is the best way to separate from it, and thus free yourself from pain.
· Try to exist in a state of permanent alertness.
· Living in the present can be hard for your partner, but it can also improve your relationship.
· Not all pain is avoidable: surrendering to the present does not mean ignoring sad or hurtful feelings.
· Surrendering to the present does not mean living a passive life.
· Final summary