Universal retirement management and theory, has not for long received intellectual efforts; since retirees are assumed to be terminal career people. But the truth is that, retirees have contributed so much to economic and industrial life of the developed and industrial world.
The African experience of impoverished retirement is a case for cross cultural study of nostology (old age studies); Paracne studies (stages of degenerating age) etc.
What do we have in this book therefore, chapter by chapter;
- retirement philosophies, apologies etc
- Retirement definitions, controversies etc
- Pre-retirement personnel administration Brownie points for reckoning staff retirement and other post retirement devolution, placement, contracts etc
-Post retirement careers, investments etc
- How to disegage from employment, invest and become gainfully progressive after retirement; stages, protocols etc which many people take for granted;
- Special case retirement - Retirement headaches of high class people; company top executives etc;
- Impoverished retirement: Harsh experiences and neglect of African retirees; and
- The critical need to culture retirement among the current generation of African workers, the way it is in the industrialised and developed world..
Based on experience, practice and critical need for concepts, theories, and realities the author is very much committed to providing research, trainig and development, administration background etc; literary work that will benefit retirement philosophy academics, universalism etc.
We must all go a step further, to progress and improve retirement management and its legacies. Thank you.