Guilda Socks Knitting Pattern PDF
Please welcome Guilda, my lacy, toe-up sock design.
In this pattern you can learn or practice how to cast on using the Turkish Cast-on method, an easy, yet engaging lace pattern, to create German short row heel and a delicate cuff edge using the Picot Bind-off technique. The pattern includes descriptions in detail about all the techniques mentioned above and a complementary video about the Picot Bind-off.
To fit following sizes: 1 (2, 3)
- or EU 36-37 (38-39, 40-41) / UK 3.5-4 (5-5.5, 6.5-7) / US 5.5-6 (6.5-7, 8-8.5).
For gift knitting use shoe sizes as a guide, and, if between sizes, choose the smaller size.
Please note, that shoe sizes may vary among shoe manufacturers. Shoe sizes above are based on the following foot lengths (measured from the back of the heel to the tip of the longest toe): 22.75 (24.25, 25.5) cm / 9 (9.5, 10)”.
- or to fit a circumference measurement at the ball of the foot of 21.5 (23, 24.25) cm / 8.5 (9, 9.5)”.
Finished sock circumference
18.75 (20, 21.25) cm / 7.5 (8, 8.5)”
Finished sock foot length (adjustable)
21.5 (23, 24.25) cm / 8.5 (9, 9.5)” (measured from the tip of the longest toe to the back of the heel)
Finished sock leg length (adjustable)
22.75 (24.25, 25.5) cm / 9 (9.5, 10)” (measured from the bottom of the heel to the edge of the cuff)
You can do it!
Yarn / Yardage
- 2 skeins of Lang Jawoll yarn, in Light Teal 83.0020 colourway, 75% superwash virgin wool, 25% nylon, approx. 50 g / 210 m / 230 yds per skein;
- or approx. 265 (288, 315) m / 290 (315, 345) yds of fingering or sock weight yarn that gives you gauge. (Yardage includes 15% of extra yarn).
- 2 mm / US 0
- 2.25 mm / US 1
Sample made using 80 cm / 32” long circular needles, however choose the length according to your preference.
- 1 stitch marker
- row counter
- blunt tapestry needle
- sock blockers (not required but would be useful)
- 32 sts and 48 rnds = 10 cm / 4” over Stocking stitch.
- 9-stitch lace panel measures 3.5 cm / 1.5” wide
Gauge swatch worked on size 2.25 mm / US 1 needle, in the round. Measurements taken from flattened but unstretched fabric, after blocking, unless specified otherwise.
The pattern has been professionally tech edited and test knitted.