This cowl is knit in the round, with easy jog-less striping and flower texture stitch pattern. Included in the pattern is a photo tutorial on how to work the flower stitch. Available in two sizes, the Stellaria Cowl is bound to become a favorite to make, wear and gift!
Size and finished measurements
The Stellaria Cowl is available in 2 sizes, S (L), the cowl pictured is size S. Finished dimensions: height of 42.5 cm (16 ¾ inches) and 73 (93) cm (28 ¾ (36 ½) inches) circumference, measured after blocking.
This cowl is knit in the round. Stitches used include knit, purl, skp and k2tog. The pattern is suitable for the intermediate knitter.
- Worked in the round.
- Gauge is not critical in this design. For the sample cowl: 18 sts / 27 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over stockinette in the stripe section, measured after blocking.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie).
- Digital PDF has 4 pages (letter size).
- Yarn: Moeke Yarns Elena (100% wool; 330 m (361 yds) / 100 g) in the following colors and amounts:
- Color A: 73 (93) m (79 (101) yds) / 22 (28) g in Gray
- Color B: 195 (250) m (214 (273) yds) / 60 (76) g in Natural
- Color C: 102 (130) m (111 (141) yds) / 31 (40) g in Dark Coral
- A 4 mm (US #6) circular needle, 60 cm (24 inches) length.
- Yarn needle.
- 1 “end-of-round” stitch marker