Rosy Does It
Rosy Does It is a triangle shawl worked from the top-down in one piece, starting at the neck with a garter stitch tab. Written and charted instructions are included for the lace body of the shawl.
The Rosy Does It shawl is knit from the top-down, starting with a garter tab cast-on. Patterning in the body of the shawl is on both RS and WS rows, and contains simple cables. Stitches used include knit, purl, k2tog, skp, yo, purl 1 below, bunny ears yo, and a centered double decrease. This pattern is suitable for the intermediate to advanced knitter.
Sizes and measurements
One size – finished dimensions: 185 cm (73 inches) along the upper edge and a depth of 81.5 cm (32 inches), measured after blocking.
Change the size of the shawl by using heavier or lighter weight yarn and/or working fewer (or more) repeats of the body patterning or the garter stitch edging. This will, of course, change the amount of yarn needed.
- Worked flat from the top down.
- Written for a gauge of 11 sts / 28 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over garter stitch stripes measured after blocking. However, gauge is not critical in this design.
- Pattern language: English.
- Digital PDF has 4 pages (letter size)
- Yarn: Nuna by Mirasol Yarn (40% merino, 40% silk, 20% rayon from bamboo; 175 m (191 yds) / 50 g). Substitute any plied wool/silk blend fingering or sport weight yarn for a similar result. In the sample shawl the following amounts and colors were used: C1: 175 m (191 yds) / 50 g in Coral 1046, C2: 175 m (191 yds) / 50 g in Sangria 1042, and C3: 175 m (191 yds) / 50 g in Warm gray 1002.
- Size 4 mm (US 6) / 80 cm (32 inches) circular needles. Choose a needle size appropriate for the yarn selected.
- Yarn needle.
- Cable needle.
- 4 stitch markers to indicate the center and edge stitches.
- Stitch markers to indicate repeats in the lace patterning (optional).