Sometimes a little bit of pink is all that’s needed to bring a bit of joy to your day. In this case, Rosy Does It. This design combines stunning lace with easy garter stitch stripes. And while I made my version in three colors, it can, of course, also be made in only two or even one color. This design is also very flexible in sizing, making it very easy to adjust to your preferences; what’s not to love?!
Rosy Does It is a triangle shawl worked from the top-down in one piece, starting at the neck with a garter stitch tab. Written and charted instructions are included for the lace body of the shawl.Skills required
The Rosy Does It shawl is knit from the top-down, starting with a garter tab cast-on. Patterning in the body of the shawl is on both RS and WS rows, and contains simple cables. Stitches used include knit, purl, k2tog, skp, yo, purl 1 below, bunny ears yo, and a centered double decrease. This pattern is suitable for the intermediate to advanced knitter.Sizes and measurements
One size – finished dimensions: 185 cm (73 inches) along the upper edge and a depth of 81.5 cm (32 inches), measured after blocking.
Change the size of the shawl by using heavier or lighter weight yarn and/or working fewer (or more) repeats of the body patterning or the garter stitch edging. This will, of course, change the amount of yarn needed.Pattern details
- Worked flat from the top down.
- Written for a gauge of 11 sts / 28 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over garter stitch stripes measured after blocking. However, gauge is not critical in this design.
- Pattern language: English.
- Digital PDF has 4 pages (letter size)
- Yarn: Nuna by Mirasol Yarn (40% merino, 40% silk, 20% rayon from bamboo; 175 m (191 yds) / 50 g). Substitute any plied wool/silk blend fingering or sport weight yarn for a similar result. In the sample shawl the following amounts and colors were used: C1: 175 m (191 yds) / 50 g in Coral 1046, C2: 175 m (191 yds) / 50 g in Sangria 1042, and C3: 175 m (191 yds) / 50 g in Warm gray 1002.
- Size 4 mm (US 6) / 80 cm (32 inches) circular needles. Choose a needle size appropriate for the yarn selected.
- Yarn needle.
- Cable needle.
- 4 stitch markers to indicate the center and edge stitches.
- Stitch markers to indicate repeats in the lace patterning (optional).