The Champagne shawl is inspired by my friend Malene, who have lived with multiple sclerosis for more than 29 years. Though she is totally dependent on her wheelchair, she never lets that stop her from enjoying life to the fullest, enjoying adventures, social events and every opportunity for party and champagne that comes her way.
Sclerose is the subject of a lot of research in the hope of developing better medicine and possibly a cure. The Danish Multiple Sclerosis Society finances a large portion of the research in multiple sclerosis in Denmark and also supports international research – and fundraising plays a large part in this.
The Champagne shawl plays a part in this endeavour. For every sale of this pattern, I will donate 15 kr. to the Danish Multiple Sclerosis Society. Therefore I would like to thank you for your support for the good cause.
The Champagne shawl is knit from the center of the neck and down and out towards the edge. Increases are worked on all rows and the wavy edge is formed by extra increases and decreases and is finished with a picot bind off. Sizes:
The shawl measures approx. 215 cm from tip to tip and is approx. 55 wide at the middle. Needles:
Circular needle size 4.5 mm, 80-100 cm. Yarn:Col A:
DK or Sport weight yarn, made by holding several strands together, for example:
- 75 g Paia from Filcolana (67% viscose, 33% metallic polyester, 245 m per 25 g) and 150 g Tilia for Filcolana (70% super kid mohair, 30% silk, 210 m per 25 g. Hold 1 strand of Paia together with 2 strands of Tilia.
- Or 150 g Alpaca 2 from Isager (50% alpaca, 50% wool, 250 m per 50 g) and 100 g Spinni from Isager (100% wool, 300 m per 50 g). Hold 1 strand of Alpaca 2 together with 1 strand of Spinni
A thin wool yarn, for example:
- 50 g Saga from Filcolana (100% wool, 300 m per 50 g). Knit with a single strand.
- Or 50 g Spinni from Isager. Knit with a single strand.
- Or 50 g Navia UNO (100% wool, 300 m per 50 g). Knit with a single strand.
18 stitches and 30 rows is 10x10 cm in stockinette stitch in col B on size 4.5 mm after wash and blocking