Bird's Eye Shawl by Diane Zangl for Happy Fuzzy Yarn
Bird’s Eye Shawl
designed by Diane Zangl exclusively for Happy Fuzzy Yarn
This attractive, reversible shawl features neck shaping so it sits comfortably on your shoulders without slipping off or bunching up in back.
Happy Fuzzy Yarn Merino Tencel Fingering (50% superwash Merino wool/ 50% Tencel) 410 yds per 4 oz skein: 2 skeins #21057
36-inch US 8 / 5mm circular needle, or size needed to obtain gauge
18 sts/26 rows = 4”/10cm
Gauge is not critical , but it will affect the amount of yarn needed.
basic knitting skills (casting on, knit and purl stitch, basic increases and decreases, binding off)
• Circular needle is used to accommodate large number of sts. Do not join, work in rows.
• First 8 rows of shawl are shown in chart form. Continue after that in established pattern.
• Edge sts are not shown on chart. On RS rows, sl first st knitwise, knit last st. On WS rows, sl first st purlwise, purl last st.
• For ease in working pattern, chart shows RS of work. The opposite/WS is equally attractive, which makes this shawl reversible.
• On following row, work p1, k1 into double yo.
• When working neck shaping, make sure to keep stitch count correct. Each double yo must have corresponding decs on each side of it. If all of these cannot be worked, keep sts in St st.