SUMMARY.Digital Gold The Untold Story of Bitcoin By Nathaniel Popper
· What’s in it for me? Learn how Bitcoin can make us rethink money.
· Bitcoin is a new kind of money that is created, held and transferred by its users.
· Bitcoin embodies a new way of communally handling money.
· Bitcoin’s first surge of popularity came from the drug trade on the underground website Silk Road.
· Wikileaks and Occupy Wall Street highlighted Bitcoin’s capacity to take power from financial institutions.
· Argentina’s financial crises have shown how Bitcoin can transfer power from governments to the poor.
· The Bitcoin protocol has many advantages over typical currencies – far beyond storing and transferring money.
· Final summary