SUMMARY.Secrets of Sand Hill Road Venture Capital and How to Get It By Scott Kupor
· What’s in it for me? Discover the life cycle of venture capital from an industry insider.
· The nature of venture capital has changed over the last few decades.
· There are three important things VC firms look at when deciding which early-stage companies to fund.
· Mastering the art of the pitch involves a delicate balance of both flexibility and determination.
· Term sheets can be tricky to navigate, as they concern both economic and governance aspects of any venture.
· Maintaining a healthy CEO-board relationship is key to the success of any VC-backed company.
· At the end of a successful VC life cycle, boards are faced with two options for how companies may continue in the future.
· Final summary