SUMMARY.Influence The Psychology of Persuasion By Robert B. Cialdini
· What’s in it for me? You’ve been manipulated your whole life – now learn the secrets of persuasion for yourself.
· Our brain loves shortcuts, and they can be used to manipulate us.
· Humans have an overpowering need to return favors.
· In negotiations, starting with an outrageous request and retreating from there can win concessions.
· When opportunities become scarce, we desire them more.
· Banning something makes it very desirable.
· We want to stay true to our word.
· The harder we have to work to get something, the more we value it.
· When uncertain, we look for social proof.
· People who are similar to us can greatly influence our choices.
· We comply with people we like, and it is easy for some people to make us like them.
· We obey authorities without question, and mere symbols of authority can already win our compliance.
· Final summary