These “Pear-shaped” lutes were highly sought after, and even falsified, throughout the golden age of the lute. Made as 6- or 7-cs Renaissance lutes, they were later rebuilt as 11- and 13-cs Baroque lutes. This gives the advantage that you can make all different models on the same eleven ribbed bowl.
With this set of plans you can make three differet baroque lutes:
- 11 course Baroque Lute
- 13 course Baroque Lute
- 13 Course Swan Neck Baroque Lute (sometimes also called a Swan Neck Theorbo)
You get the following full size plans:
- 11- and 13cs Baroque Lute
- 13cs Swan Neck Baroque Lute
- Inner mould for the bowl
- Template set Baroque Lute
- Two A4 patterns for 4 different rose designs.