Beyond the Arduino - Gain flexibility and control by working directly with AVR microcontrollers
This short guide gets you started on the road to learning about AVR microcontrollers. If you've been working with Arduino, and don't know where to begin with bare-metal AVR microcontrollers then this is the perfect guide for you.
The book elaborates on why it's a great idea to take the leap from the Arduino platform to working directly with the bare-metal Atmel AVR microcontroller, and then guides you through 3 steps that you need to take to achieve that.
This is NOT meant to be a comprehensive AVR programming guide: it is an inexpensive introduction that covers:
- the benefits of working directly with AVR microcontrollers
- the hardware choices you'll need to make - and guidance on choosing a development platform
- the IDE choices you'll need to make - what's available, on what platforms and with what benefits
- some of the resources that are available to take you to AVR mastery
The path from Arduino to AVR can be confusing: the overwhelming variety of boards, IDE's, platforms and websites can make it hard to choose a clear-cut path. This guide is designed to help you navigate your way from Arduino to AVR, based on the author's own experiences.
This book is perfect for you if:
- you're looking for a straightforward and practical book that gives you a glimpse into the world of Atmel's AVR
- you want to know what obstacles you'll need to tackle to work with the AVR microcontroller
- you're overwhelmed by resources and don't know where to start
- you're feeling constrained by the Arduino platform and need to grow
Please Note: If you are looking for a thorough and complete AVR reference, then this is not the book for you - you're unlikely to find such a book that is this competitively priced. If however you're looking for an introduction and initial guidance, then this is precisely what you need.
Pay what you want: