We as humans are conditioned to need the outdoors. Our bodies, minds and spirits benefit when we stay connected.
- Many of the exact same benefits from being outdoors do occur from simply looking at nature. A dedicated time – even a few minutes – when we focus on pictures, photos or videos of natural scenery reaps many benefits.
- All photos used are licensed for commercial use, under Creative Commons license.
- Sources of the latest research include:
- Comments and health-related perspectives taken from Business Insider, April 2018, Kevin Loria, “Benefits of being outside…”
- 12 reasons why it’s good to be outdoors
- “Among office workers, even a view of nature out a window is associated with lower stress and higher job satisfaction.”
- “Vitalizing effects of being outdoors”, Journal of Environmental Psychology, June 2010, Richard Ryan (first author)…
- “Looking at photos of nature (just 20 minutes a day) can chill you out”…
Spend a few minutes every day... feel better.
May your days be sunny and warm ~ DNA