What you’ll love about knitting Dennis:
- Stitch pattern for the front of the tie is easy to remember and is both charted and written out.
- Thoughtful construction makes the most of your yarn yet makes a proper tie.
- A relatively small amount of knitting time yields a great accessory to give or to keep.
- This is a fully-fashioned tie, not a small scarf in a tie shape.
- Stitch pattern is subtle yet special.
- You will look like a million bucks!
The Spot Stitch gives interest for knitter and wearer while being easy to remember. It is also a good lesson in “seeing” your knitting with purl bumps every other stitch every other row.
Columns of purl stitches up both sides help it to lie flat in the front, while the back, knit flat, helps the yarn go further, keeps the around-the-neck area slim, and the front lie smoothly over the back.
Width at widest point: 3 inches
Length: 55 60 inches after blocking
Blue Sky Alpacas Alpaca Silk 50% silk, 50% alpaca; 146yd/134m per 50g skein; color: Plum; 1 2 skeins
US2/2.75mm set of four double-pointed needles (DPNs)
US4/3.5mm set of four DPNs
24 sts x 30 rows = 4 inches square in Stockinette stitch on larger ndls
Working in the round
Working with DPNs