Trick of the Light
Pay what you want: (minimum €7.90)
DESCRIPTIONTrick of the Light is a play on bright and dark, light and shadow, contrasts and opposites.
This crescent-shaped shawl is knit in three colors of fingering-weight yarn. Choose colors with a good amount of contrast, such as two light and one dark, or vice versa. Pick neutrals with one color pop for an edgy, graphic shawl or three colors in the same color family for a tonal look. Add a little twinkle to your shawl with (optional) beads!
The pattern is written with both metric and US terminology. Instructions for the lace pattern is given in both written and charted formats. The rest of the pattern — garter stitch, stripes, and bobbles — is given only as written instructions.
This shawl was originally released as the Spring 2020 mystery knitalong from talvi knits.
Share your project with the hashtags #trickofthelightmkal and #talviknits.
- Wingspan: approx. 195 cm / 77”
- Depth: approx. 60 cm / 23½”
YarnGarnStories Merino Singles (100% superwash merino, 366 m/100 g, 400 yd/3.53 oz), 3 colors
- Color A: After Dark, 1 skein
- Color B: Chain, 1 skein
- Color C: Pesto, 1 skein
- Color A: approx. 365 m / 400 yd
- Color B: approx. 345 m / 380 yd
- Color C: approx. 365 m / 400 yd
- 3.5 mm / US #4 long (80–100 cm / 32–40”) circular needle (or size needed to obtain gauge)
- 3.5 mm / US E/4 crochet hook and spare yarn for provisional cast-on (optional)
- Spare needle for provisional cast-on (optional)
- 1 removable stitch marker (optional)
- Darning needle
- 45 + 121 size 8/0 seed beads, 166 beads total (optional)
- Your beads can all be the same color, two sets of different colors, or you can leave out the beads entirely.