Thank you to Tayler of Fiber For The People for collaborating with me on this project and providing the gorgeous yarn for the sample. Fading Aspens features the BFL DK base, which was an absolute joy to work with and has an oh so beautiful drape after blocking. If you’re interested and able to purchase some for yourself, I know you won’t be disappointed!
Fading Aspens is a comfy open-front cardigan, worked mainly in reverse stockinette, which fades into columns of twisted knits toward the center front and wide sleeve cuffs. Short row shaping is used to lengthen the panels, and there are pockets as well! This design is meant to have a relaxed or oversized fit, but you may prefer a smaller size with less ease. You can easily customize the body and sleeve lengths, and notes for other modifications are noted throughout the pattern.Please note, when you purchase this pattern, you will be added to a newsletter list so you’re able to receive updated versions of the pattern as needed. You will not receive any other emails from us unless you’ve specifically signed up for our other newsletters. You may unsubscribe at any time, but you will not receive further Fading Aspens updates.Details
You’ll receive a PDF file including
- Intermediate level
- Written in English and US terms
- Skills to know: Long-tail cast on, knit, purl, decrease, twisted stitches, slipped stitches, short row shaping, backwards loop cast on, pick up and knit, work in the round, blocking, Kitchener stitch, mattress stitch/seaming
- You’ll need: US size 6 (4mm) knitting needles (or size needed to obtain gauge), 24-40” circulars recommended, plus 9” circulars or DPNs for pockets, waste yarn for placing stitches on hold, stitch markers, pins for blocking, and a tapestry needle. Knit blockers, blocking wires, and mats are very helpful but not necessary for blocking
- Approximately 1099 (1230, 1360, 1559, 1697, 1908) [2086, 2245, 2376, 2558] yds / 1005 (1125, 1244, 1426, 1552, 1745) [1907, 2053, 2173, 2339] m DK weight yarn/yarn that works up to gauge; check out others’ projects on Ravelry for more yarn/fiber/color inspiration!
Notes on sizing
- Complete written instructions on how to knit Fading Aspens in 10 different sizes
- Links to helpful tutorials, including how to attach the pockets
- A short blocking and finishing guide including schematics
Fading Aspens has been graded and written for 10 sizes, ranging from 31.5-78 in/80-198 cm
total finished panel measurement at the bust. This design is meant to have a relaxed or oversized fit, but you may prefer a smaller size with less ease. Sample shown is the size 2 (37 in/94 cm
), worn on a 33.5 in/85 cm
bust. Since it is an open cardigan, there is a bit more flexibility in choosing a size depending on your desired fit. Full schematic and measurements included in listing photos. Let me know if you have any questions regarding sizing!Pattern gauge
4”/10 cm = 20 sts/28 rows in reverse stockinette worked flatTaken after wet blocking, using US size 6 (4mm) needles
Note: All measurements are approximate and taken after blocking. Inches are rounded to the nearest 0.25 in and centimeters to the nearest 0.5 cm.
Please Note: This is a digital (PDF) file, NOT a finished, physical product or supply. No refunds will be given on digital products due to their nature. You will receive a link to your digital file within 24 hours. If you do not receive the pattern file, please contact me and we'll get it straightened out.
Printing a physical copy for yourself? Be sure to select the 'Scale to Fit/Print Entire Image' option in your printer settings!
Need any help? Please don't hesitate to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t forget to use #ivyandautumn #fadingaspens to share with other makers on social media! Thank you so much for supporting me and my designs, it truly means the world.
Courtney **Fading Aspens is property of Courtney Little (Ivy & Autumn). Copyright © 2020. This pattern is for personal use only, and you may not redistribute, sell, or share this pattern in part or in whole, physically or electronically. You may not use any of these pattern or product photos for your own resale or commercial purposes.**