MONSTER FACTORY! Roll or Spin A Monster PRINT & PLAY Game / Play Dough Mats
HOW TO USE THE GAME:
As well as practising counting, colours and body words you can also use this game as an opportunity to talk about differences and uniqueness. For second language development it's also a great tool for teaching comparative structures, adjective-noun order, describing appearance and counting.
After playing, kids can make their own DIY spinners or dice with the printable templates provided! There are also 3 types of photocopiable activity sheets included: full- page monster bodies for children to complete and colour, fill-in-the-number sheets and the option to include a written description of their monster.
It's also perfect for playing in groups or as an individual activity and suitable for 3 - 7 year olds.
THIS GAME INCLUDES:
- 8 full page colour monster body mats: 8 different colours and 8 different body shapes
- Parts of the Body Dice and Spinner: includes ear, eye, nose, mouth, arm and leg
- Colours Dice and Spinner: includes red, yellow, orange, green, blue and a question mark (to represent any colour kids want)
- Kids DIY templates and activity sheets: dice, spinners and monster bodies in black line for kids to colour, make, draw and describe
- Full instructions on how to assemble and play
- Develops language and vocabulary for identifying colours, parts of the body, describing appearance and counting
- Develops fine motor skills
- Encourages turn-taking
- Encourages discussion of differences and uniqueness
TO MAKE AND PLAY MONSTER FACTORY YOU WILL NEED:
- Play dough, googly eyes and / or dry erase markers to make the monsters
- Split pins and paper clips (or a fidget spinner) to make the spinners.
- Glue or double-sided sticky tape to make the dice
- A way to laminate game pieces (not essential but recommended)
Songs, videos, crafts & other free resources on our website!
Original illustrations by Tea Time Monkeys! © 2018 Biggabug