The diagonal scallop stitch featuring in the body of the cowl shows off the many colors often present in hand-dyed yarns. The garter stitch Latvian Twist edge gives a lovely finish and prevents the fabric from rolling. Wear the larger size as a big loop to show off your yarn and stitching, or doubled up for optimal warmth. Pick the smaller size for a closer fitting cowl.
This cowl is knit in the round and requires Kitchener stitch (grafting). This pattern contains a photo tutorial on how to work a Latvian Twist edge. The pattern is suitable for the intermediate knitter.
Sizes and Finished Measurements
Available in 2 sizes S (L) – finished dimensions: 22 cm (8 ½ inches) wide and 58 (116) cm (23 (45 ½) inches) circumference, measured after blocking.
- Worked in the round
- Written for a gauge of approx. 22 sts / 36 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) on smaller needles in Scallop Stitch pattern, measured after blocking
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 3 pages (A4 size)
- 50 (100) g / 204 (407) m (223 (445) yds) of fingering weight yarn
- 2 size 4 mm (US Size 6) 80 cm (24 inches) circular needles, one for grafting
- Needles one size larger than size to obtain gauge, for cast on only
- Yarn needle
- 1 “end-of-round” stitch marker
- Piece of waste yarn (approx. 1 m / 1.1 yds)