This is a collection of MP3 bluegrass jam/practice tracks. This download includes ten songs/tunes with each at 7 different tempos. When you can't jam with your friends, or you are trying to build up your chops, these tracks really help.
Here are the tracks you'll get with this download:
- Angeline The Baker at 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120 and 130 BPM
- Big Sciota at 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120 and 130 BPM
- Billy In The Lowground at 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120 and 130 BPM
- Forked Deer at 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120 and 130 BPM
- In The Pines (3/4 time) at 100, 110, 120, 140, 150, 160 and 170 BPM
- Liberty at 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120 and 130 BPM
- More Pretty Girls at 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120 and 130 BPM
- Sally Goodin at 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120 and 130 BPM
- Shady Grove in Dm at 70, 80, 90, 100, 120 and 130 BPM
- Train 45 at 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120 and 130 BPM
Every bluegrass picker "worth his salt" should be able to play these tunes. If you know them already, or are learning these jam session standards, you will have a good time jamming and improving your breaks
. If you don't know them, this is the perfect opportunity to "get with it" and learn them.
All of the tracks are recorded in the most commonly encountered key. Each track consists of bass, rhythm guitar and mandolin. You can practice your basic chords and backup or take long extended jams while practicing your solos on banjo, mandolin, guitar, fiddle, dobro or any other instrument.
This collection includes a PDF booklet with the chord progressions
for each tune. The tracks are all contained in a zip file. Once you download and unzip the file, you will have a folder with 70 MP3 high quality stereo tracks in it which you can transfer to any device you choose for play back.
I created these tracks using computer editing for rock-solid timing and using real instrument samples, including my personal '85 Flatiron for the mandolin chops. I recorded using an AKG C1000S into a digital recorder and mixed all the tracks using FL Studio and a variety of plug-ins and add-ons. Note: Not finding your favorite tune? This is the second volume of bluegrass jam tracks which I offer. If you'd like to check out the first collection just have a look at this 55 track set.Have fun and happy picking!