Reach for the Stars - Shawl Pattern PDF
Get 20% off when you sign up to my newsletter
It’s such a magical feeling when the stars align and everything falls into place. But it’s not just stars that align, its yarn and patterns too! Reach for the Stars is designed for one skein of variegated fingering weight yarn. Maybe you have a one off skein in your stash waiting for the right pattern to come along to show off its beauty – well, this design is the one to do just that. It’s a fun, quick knit which will make your yarn the star of the show!
The asymmetric triangle is worked in stockinette throughout the body before alternating with starlit zigzags of eyelet mesh towards the border. Once finished this shawl will be one to reach for when you need a reminder that anything is possible!
If you are new to knitting lace, this shawl would be the perfect opportunity to give it a try. Using just yarnover and k2tog stitches to create the lace, each section is worked between markers so you can easily keep count of your stitches. A video tutorial on how to work the yo, k2tog stitch combination can be found here https://www.undertheolivetreeknits.com/lace-stitches.html
Stitches Used – Sl1 wyif, knit, purl, kfb, yo, k2tog, ‘yo, k2tog’ lace stitches (video tutorials for all stitches used are linked in the pattern)
Sizes – One size
Measurements – The finished, blocked item has a wingspan of 73” (185cm) and a depth of 20” (51cm)
- 437-464yd / 400-425m, 3.5 oz / 100g 4 ply or fingering weight yarn. The yarn used in the pattern pictures is:
- Pinks and Greens - Under the Olive Tree Knits Chora sock yarn, 75% merino / 25% nylon in the Midsummer colourway
- Dark Blue and Colourful - Under the Olive Tree Knits Sparkle sock yarn, 75% merino / 20% nylon / 5% silver stellina, in the Celestial Ballet colourway
- US size 5 (3.75mm) 32” (80cm) circular needle
- 12 stitch markers
- 1 tapestry needle for weaving in the ends
This pattern has been tech edited and test knitted prior to publication.