In Bloom - Shawl Pattern PDF
In Bloom was inspired by a beautiful, cheerful flower garden bursting into life. It is a generous sized, triangular shawl, designed to use a small skein of laceweight yarn and beads to create flower motifs.
Light and airy stockinette makes for easy knitting throughout the body of the shawl. As you near the border, you get to watch your flowers grow, row by row, as you place the beads on your stitches. (A video tutorial for adding beads with a small crochet hook is provided) From afar, the shawl might appear as a flash of colour; only a few steps closer, and the beaded flowers will sparkle like dewdrops in the sun. And as well as adding a sparkle the beads also provide some weight for a lovely drape.
The finished shawl is beautifully soft and light, and as delicate as the flowers that inspired it.
Skills / Techniques used: Knit, purl, yarnovers, beadwork
Sizes: One size
Measurements: The finished blocked item measures 66” (168cm) wingspan and 24.5” (62cm) depth at the longest part
• 50g / 1.75oz, 656 yds / 600m skein of laceweight yarn. The yarn used in the pattern is Under the Olive Tree Gerakas Lace Yarn – 80% Extra Fine Merino / 20% Silk in the Forget-Me-Not colourway
• Size 8 beads: 2048 x colour A and 64 x colour B
• 1 x 0.5mm crochet hook for adding the beads
• 1 x US size 4 (3.5mm) 32” - 40” (80 - 100cm) circular needle
• Stitch marker(s) - optional
Gauge: 23 stitches and 38 rows to 4 inches / 10cm in stockinette stitch after blocking
The pattern has been professionally tech edited and test knit. Video tutorials for various techniques used in the shawl are also provided in the pattern.