SUMMARY.The Eight Essential People Skills for Project Management Solving the Most Common People Problems for Team Leaders By Zachary Wong
· What’s in it for me? Push past people problems with this hands-on guide to project management.
· The role of team leaders has changed as companies have become less hierarchical.
· The wedge model is a great tool to visualize and manage team performance.
· Effective team leaders understand the difference between friendship and friendliness.
· Successful teams are defined by their emphasis on inclusiveness.
· Attitude matters, and there’s an art to managing it.
· Tackling poor performance is tricky, but it can be done by using the Past-Present-Future Model.
· Ends don’t justify means, and sustainable success means focusing on team behavior.
· Risk-takers understand that you can’t beat fear, but you can manage it.
· Effective team leaders understand the importance of managing their bosses.
· Final summary