Times Square Hat
You can Purchase the collection of sock patterns individually or as a full collection
This pattern is also available as an e-book which will give you a 40% discount over purchasing the patterns individually.
What you will need:• Yarn – 100g DK weight Yarn (approx. 210m/230 yds); Yarn used in sample – Green Mountain Spinnery, Mewesic base - 100% Fine American Wool DK in Purple Rain (165m/180yrds per 58gm)
NOTE: For the Adult sizes, if you have a 100gm skein of yarn for this project you can choose to knit the folded brim option (as detailed on the separate PDF that came with the pattern). However, if you are using the same yarn as the sample was knit in and you only have one 58gm skein then you will likely not have enough yarn to do the folded brim for any of the adult sizes.
• Needles – 3.5mm (US4) and 4mm (US6) 16” circular for knitting in the round or a longer cable for magic loop, and double pointed needles (DPNs) or magic loop in larger size for working the crown decreases.
- 1 Stitch Marker for marking the beginning of the round as well as additional markers for crown decreases if you wish.
- A tapestry needle for weaving in ends.
• Size – The pattern is sized for all the family as follows:
- Baby - to fit a head approximately 38cm/15 in
- Toddler - to fit a head approximately 43cm/17 in
- Child - to fit a head approximately 48cm/19 in
- Adult S - to fit a head approximately 53cm/21 in
- Adult M - to fit a head approximately 58cm/23 in
- Adult L – to fit a head approximately 61cm/24 in around