Want to offer your students more support while writing?
This 7-tab tab book handbook may come in handy!
Each tab provides helpful tips for your students as they go through the writing process during a writing assignment:
- Tab 1: Prewriting: Gives students ideas for getting started (making sure they know their purpose, audience, tips for gathering/organizing their ideas and beginning to write).
- Tab 2: Writing - Gives students a list of ideas for their introductory paragraph; offers tips for writing the body, and a list of ideas for concluding their writing.
- Tab 3: Thesis - A few tips for crafting a thesis as well as some simple thesis starters.
- Tab 4: Transitions - provides a hearty list of transitions, arranged by categories such as transitions of comparing, emphasizing, conceding, purpose, and more!
- Tab 5: Revising - Provides guide questions in ideas and convention, organization, sentence fluency, and word choice to help students revise their work.
- Tab 6: Proofreading - contains some capitalization rules, and a few other tips to help students proofread their paper using CUPS.
- Tab 7: Publishing - Have students copy down YOUR requirements for publishing their work (font size, spacing, headings, and more!) so they can use it as a reference at any time.
Requires 8 pages of print paper per book (7 tabs + cover). Each tab is printed on its own page. Although it takes a little more paper to print than having multiples tabs on one page, your (or your students') cutting time is cut down because they don't have to cut out all 4 sides of a tab page.